Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Potatoes




This afternoon Steve brought home some yummy crab, and I decided to make french fries with my new Cuisinart french fry blade. So out to the garden I went to dig the last of the potatoes, hoping I would find some big enough to make fries with. I noticed that some of the potatoes were starting to grow. I decided I would dig all the potatoes. I kept digging and digging and I ended up digging 45 lbs of potatoes. Needless to say I found some big enough. I thought I had dug more than I had obviously. If you are wondering if the potatoes are purple, they are. They produce really well and taste a lot like red potatoes.

The crab was good, but the crabbing isn't so good. Steve the Crab King has come home skunked more than once. Today he got 8, and there was two of them in the boat. There was only one big one. He said someone else at the dock had only caught 2. He said he has never seen so many boats in the bay at this time of the year. Oh well, it hasn't been a crab/salmon year. You can't have everything.

My fingernails have still been doing good. I have worried about them because when I go out to the garden and put on my gloves, dirt still gets in my gloves. Today I grabbed a pair of gloves that were in the garage. They were stretchy on the back and leather on the palm. They have a strap around the wrist so you can cinch it up. After digging all those potatoes, not one speck of dirt got in my gloves. I was pretty excited about that. I am hoping I can find a few more pairs of them. They are my new best friend!!!

These are my fries! I need to cook them longer. I think they would be better if they were deep fried, I oven baked them.

Well, I decided I have truly watched Gilmore s a lot. I was watching the first season today on DVD while I was cleaning the crabs. When the music started for this one scene I knew it was a first snow scene. I looked up and sure enough it was. That is pitiful, or I am just amazing. You know which one I want to be, but I'm afraid that probably isn't the one I am. :-)

I wish I could say my day today was like yesterday, but I didn't start out right and never seemed to get it back together!! It's like they say you have to lay a good foundation or the building will not stand! I remember in the temple one day watching the creation scenes and thought about how each thing that was created was necessary before the next step could survive. I thought, if we are to learn from the temple, the lesson for me is that there is an order to the way things should go. If we don't follow that order things can't work right, because some things need to be built upon the next. I'm 51 years old, do you think I will get that someday!!!?? I hope so. :-)

Well, love you all!! Hope you all had a good day.

11 comments:

Danielle said...

hehehe I am SO the same way with Gilmore Girls. I could probably quote the whole series. I still watch it. I turn it on when I'm cleaning or every once in a while when I eat lunch. It is a comforting show. Probably because we watched them all together!

Your fries looked yummy!!! That is awesome about the potatoes. Lots and lots. Too bad about the crab though.

Loved the post! I love you!!! I'm so excited for you to come! Let me know if you want to do anything specific.

Emily said...

Oh man, those potatoes and fries look SO YUMMY!!

And, there is nothing pitiful about knowing the GG scenes...it's how life should be! It's the best show ever!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

hello we made a blog, we're testing it.

Lizzie said...

Your potatoes looked sooo good!!!

Which Gilmore Girl do you want to be? I assume Loreili? I'm curious. I also have seen them way too many times. The opening credits with the music is so comforting to me.

Courtenay Beth said...

Sharon! It's Courtenay, just made a blog, check it out!

YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I read few of your blogs, not all, but some and I can't tell you how fun it is to catch up! You look so gorgeous! It looks like you are having a blast being a grandma and living life...I love you! I am also grateful for the post you made about Heavenly Father's plan for us, for you and me...thanks!

Anyway, I love you, hope things are fantastic! And is that a green house you grow all your veggies in? Oh, and you look so adorable in those hats! Not everyone can pull that off, but you definitely have the look! Adorable!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

i just really admire everything you do! for real.

and i LOVE potatoes, i wish i was there to help you devour them hahaha!

anyway- i just love your blog and all of those pictures of the coast and the sunsets are beautiful!

Megan and Greg said...

I can't believe all those potatoes! Aren't they going to go bad? Your garden is SO NEAT!!! I hope I have one some day! I'm so happy about your gloves with you! That would be so annoying to get dirty each time! And Gilmore Girls . . . WOW Mom, that's all I have to say. It was great seeing you and Dad last night. We love you both so much!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I love reading your blogs and all the fun things you do! I truly Do think that you r are amazing!!!! Everything you do amazes me!

Those potatoes look SO YUMMY!!! i LOVE red potatoes and i bet that homemade french fries are delicious!

I LOVE to see pictures of the coast! I am SO homesick here in the brownness of Idaho and just seeing those pictures makes my heart warm!!:)

Danielle said...

TIME for a new blog

Chad and Jessica said...

Okay, I love reading your blog. This is going to sound really dorky, but lots of times I want to comment on your blog, but then I talk myself out of it thinking that you'll think I'm weird or something dumb, which is ridiculous cuz you have such a big heart. Anyway, I love your garden, it's so impressive....seriously....they could do a 6 page spread about your garden in Better Homes and Gardens....honestly. Anyway, thanks for being so wonderful, you help me want to be better. : ) That's one reason I love blogging, everyone is trying so hard to lead good lives, and it builds us up.

Not quite the Bradys said...

Of course you know GG's forward and backwards. We're kindred. :)
Amy Langw.