Monday, July 2, 2007

Long day of Breaking the Sabbath

It took me about 7 hours to freeze all the tuna. I figure it gave us 84 meals. That is including some we gave away today. I froze 58 meals in steaks for us, and there is about12-13 meals left in scraps. I may cut it up in small pieces and freeze it, or can it tomorrow. The problem is I don't have a canner. By the time I go up to Newport (that's if Newport has one) and get back to can it a good share of the day will be gone. I'm too tired to think right now.

I got to talk to Rebecca and Eddie for part of the time I was vacuum packing. I learned all about the dangers of the coast guard in Alaska, watched some BYU channel, watched the end of Remember the Titans, and a small portion of diamond trucking from the North or South Pole. You can learn a lot when you are vacuum packing! Ha Ha!

Well, I love you all!! Church was wonderful, I am so grateful for the gospel. I can't imagine life without it. I hadn't born my testimony in about 3 months for odd reasons. I needed that today, and got the chance. I was reminded of the importance of bearing your testimony. I am grateful to be a mother and wife. I talked to Eddie tonight and it is wonderful to have loving siblings. Well, I am signing off. Hope you all have a great day today!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Yikes. That does not sound fun! I'm surprised you didn't turn on Gilmore girls or something. I bore my testimony too, it was nice. I always can tell when I'm supposed to because my heart starts beating outside of my chest. Once I actually wondered if people could see my heart beating it was beating so hard (I'm not joking!) Anyway, I love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Ha that's funny about Danielle's comment, wondering if people could see her heart pounding! I have issues with always wanting to bear my testimony, but I don't know how much is too often. And people have said, "bear it if you want to," BUT- I have heard people in conversation say, "uhh the annoying ones that get up every month," and I don't want to be the annoying one. AND- my ward has made a HUGE deal about how testimonies should only be 2 minutes long, NO stories, and no thankamony- and blab blab- so I just feel weird now- which has never happened- because I'm wondering if what I'm saying goes along with the rules- AND- it really annoys me that people in the church do this- because NOW I have heard SO MANY people judging people's testimonies, like everyone month I hear people talking about other's behind their backs- and how "they went on and on" and I"m just thinking, "whatever- atleast they have a testimony and are speaking it rather than sitting around and critiqing others." It just really bothers me, I don't know if this is just my ward- or everyone, but I've also had this conversation with people from other wards- and I just want to yell at them when they say things like that. Obviously I agree that we shouldn't just talk about our dog and cat, but I HATE how after people hear the "rules," take it upon themselves to start judging, why can't we just listen and enjoy them. Besides, most people that go on and on about their dog and cat- aren't going to listen when someone says, "don't talk about your dog and cat." You get what I mean right? I've just heard the "it's not a thankamony," about 100 times, and I agree that we shouldn't do thankamonies, but LAY OFF OF IT! We've all heard that a million times. Obviously you can tell this is a sore subject with me. I just really hate it when someone gets the courage to go up there and share their feelings, and then you have dinner with some friends that same afternoon and they say, "Oh could you stand so and so's testimony, they just went on and on -" or "we all love our families, get over it" ect- It really bugs me. And I've noticed that since this whole talk in our ward- we have alot of silent moments, because people are AFRAID to bear their testimony now.

Emily said...

That...is a lot of tuna. Good for you though! I miss hearing you bear your testimony! I loved that when I was growing up!

rose said...

can you send me some tuna??? oh it is sooooooo yummmmmmmmy! how fun that steve gets to go do that! but bummer for you for all the work!