Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cardtable House, Gilmore s, Great Education Week talk and Stormy weather

Well, Danielle asked me where I was so even though it is late I thought I'd better say where I am. Lost and confused and tired! I think I'm hormonal, so most of you know how that feels. Besides that I am great!

I thought I would show some pics of our wild weather lately. The waves were so crazy and wild that it splashed up onto our sidewalk about halfway! It was one of the few times I actually saw it happen. Usually you just see that it did it, not watch it happen. It was cool! I didn't go out and look, but Steve said the sand for one day or part of a day, was gone beneath our steps for about 3 feet or so! That is not cool. It could compromise or break our steps. But thankfully the next big tide brought the sand back in. I wish it would calm down enough to go for a walk. It would be cool to see what all this wildness has done to the shoreline and to see if I can find some cool agates. I loved the rainbow pic. I tried to get my camera sooner, but just barely caught it. Rainbows over the ocean are very fleeting because of the wind and the quick changes in the weather. Today the morning was fabulous, gorgeous sun wild ocean and within two hours it was raining and dark again.

I thought this one was cool because of the birds.
Loved this rainbow even though it was faint
What I really wished is I could have gotten some of the really big splash up in the air ones. But like I said, it is luck to be there at those cool moments and even luckier to catch them on the camera!

Most of Saturday and Sunday I was entrenched in my sewing room watching the 7th season of Gilmore s for the first time since it aired last year, and sewing Tanner and Kate's card table house. It was funny to me that Amy brought them up, because the other night after I finished my house, I wanted to come down and blog my feelings about the Gilmore s. I totally was disappointed last year with the season in general and especially the abrupt end. But because I am a faithful Gilmore fan and own all the other seasons, (even the questionable 5th and 6th seasons) I bought the 7th. I have to say partly because my expectations were so low, and I think watching basically without interruption it made it so much more enjoyable. And it helped to keep the emotion going. By the end (remember I'm hormonal) I was a blubbering idiot. I was bawling well at least tears streaming down my face. I think since I knew it was going to end abruptly I enjoyed it more this time because I wasn't expecting what I was hoping I was going to see. Also I love the scene when Lorelei is singing to Luke. I love that she finally let herself feel. Well, anyway it restored my love for Gilmore s.

Now here is my last house for now. I have decided I am going to go out and get enough fabric for all the other houses and work on them off and on until they are all done. I don't like the pressure I put myself in by having to make them all at once with no breaks and my life falling apart. I have no one to blame but myself. I did get it done and mailed today so it will make it there by their b-days. But I don't' want the others to be this way. Then I will give it to them when their first child turns 2. That way they can have it for a long time.
Steve thought I should be in one of them. Tanner loves Cars so I made one on his house!
Last but certainly not least. Like I said I feel really out of sorts, so even though I was tired and it was late, I watched a talk from Education Week on the BYU channel. It was about Children that stray. The best talk I have ever heard on the subject. He talked about everything from why they will be saved no matter what and to parents w/o wayward children, not getting up and so to speak telling the whole ward in Sacrament meeting about how all their children have gone on missions, gotten sealed in the temple and so on. He then quoted Elder Ashton one of my favorites when he was alive. A Stake Pres at Stake Conf. where Elder Ashton was attending got up and did just what I described about telling all the wonderful things your children have done,.very lovingly Elder Ashton stood up put his arm around the Stake Pres and told him to go into his closet and thank the Lord for his righteous children, but not to burden us with the info. I can really relate to that one. The key for those of us in the situation of having children that stray is to memorize the quotes that Bro Marshall quoted from and have hope (true belief) that our children not only will come back but have to if we live worthy of our temple covenants. Anyway some of the quotes he used were in the Sept. 2002 Ensign- Hope for Parents of Wayward Children. It is really short just 4 quotes. I thought it would be good for all of us to read, because it really explains why the children will come back.

I think that is about it. I am taking down my Christmas decor finally!
Oh, I think I discovered why sometimes the pics don't download, I think it is the cybersitter. So if you are having troubles downloading pics try turning off your internet filter. It worked for me.
Love you all!

7 comments:

Lizzie said...

I love the house!!!! Maybe I'm biased, because I have a boy, but this one is my favorite!!! I am so excited to get it. It is darling. I love the red shutters on the windows, the fabric of the actual house and roof, and the car is perfect. Thank you so much. I know they will love it.

I can't believe how far up the water comes. Does it frighten you at all?

Danielle said...

I love the car on Tanner and Kates house! He will love that. You did a great job as you did with all of them! Okay- I'm glad you said that becuase I just figured out last night when I was reading my blog that a few words were missing that I wasn't aware of! h a t e and c r a c k. Also good to know about the pictures. Okay, so Gilmore Girls. That is funny because I too enjoyed the seventh WAY more the second time through with no anticipation or expectations. I really did love it. I cried again at the end too. Sorry I didn't call you back yesterday. I went grocery shopping and thought I'd be quick and then I wasn't and then I forgot and then something else came up and well, you know how it goes. Anyway, I'm sorry. I love you so much and miss you! I loved the pictures of the beach.

Patty said...

Sharon I hope you do not mind but I sometimes check out your blog. The photos are wonderful. I love the ocean so much. I swear if I ever moved I would want to live by the ocean. It totally mesmerizes me when I am in Oregon. I never get to spend enough time at the ocean. I loved the table houses that you make. I had one when I was a little girl and absolutely loved it as I am sure your grandkids will too. take care.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

My darling daughter, I can see that you are tired. I am glad that you finished the house and it is wonderful, they will love it. I think it is a great idea to finish the others one at a time. The ocean is beautiful and wild, and the pictures are great, I truly love the rainbow, even tho it is faint it is so there. Take your time getting the Christmas down, and take a few hours for YOU, then you will feel better and more able to tackle the project. It will wait on you and you will feel so much better when things are more in perspective, and less confusing. I love you so very much Mom

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I love the house!!! I love the car- it is so real. I haven't seen teh 7th season, can I borrow it when I see you next? everyonen I know cried at the end. that sounds like a neat talk. that's weird how elder ashton did that infront of everyone- interesting. it's true though.

Emily said...

Those houses are adorable! You are so awesome!

And my beloved gilmore girls. I totally cried when it was over. It got me through Steve's last year of law school. There is nothing like it and I miss them so much! I'm glad you still love it too!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful pictures. Liked the rainbow one. The house is adorable. They will love it. Gracie loves hers. I have to admit Anna hasn't played in it a lot, but Gracie lives in hers. She crams so much stuff in it I'm afraid she's going to rip the satin. Thank you so much. And I still can't believe how pretty it is. Love you.