Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gave my talk

Well, my talk went well, I was more nervous in the prep stage than I normally am, because I procrastinated so late that I didn't have time to practice it! I was hoping it was going to flow well, It did according to Steve, and I got lots of thanks and compliments. So I am assuming it went well. I used a part of a line in my patriarchal blessing that says procrastination is an unholy thing that can persuade us away from the Lord. I used a quote from Elder Oaks, Elder Ballard, a Mission pres talk in the Ensign, but mostly a talk by Elder Halston a seventy. It was in the Aug 2003 issue. I told the story of my skirt in my talk as an example of how procrastinating can persuade you from the Lord. The next day WW day, I got up late because of sewing till 4:30am, we didn't say family prayer and have scripture study, I didn't have my personal scripture study, and the day was basically wasted. I should be in my room right now while Steve is asleep looking at my priorities this month and for this week. I will soon!

My skirt was a hit at church and at weight watchers. That was fun. I have decided to take Rebecca's advice and set aside some time to sew and start making myself beautiful clothes.

Our house is clean and beautiful again!! Tuesday the contest winners for the Holiday Challenge I gave at weight watchers, are coming to dinner. She chose Halibut, pasta, green salad, and no dessert! She wants bread also, do you think I should use my homemade bread or make rolls or buy bread? I think will do the oven breaded version of halibut with rosemary. I like it best that way and it is more moist. I will cook it less than Steve likes, he likes his dry at least to me it tastes dry.

Oh!!! We had the best tuna I have ever made!!!! I have always wanted to try blackened tuna, well today I didn't have all the ingredients, but I have read and seen how you are supposed to do it. Soooooo I got the olive oil hot, on med high, in the pan(on the stove) and put as much Montreal steak seasoning on as I could in a hurry( the oil got hot faster than I anticipated and I was using 2 other burners and it was stressful to move the pan, so I just plastered the seasoning on as fast as I could and sprinkled cayenne pepper on also. I forgot lemon. It was the best and tastiest tuna we have ever had. I will take mine off a little sooner next time. The first piece I got was just slightly pink in the middle, and it was soooooo goood! The next piece I took was more done. Steve doesn't' like to see pink, but I think his was just barely cooked to white. Anyway, forgetting the lemon was a blessing. Now you know what that means- you guessed it, Steve will be disappointed if I try a new way to cook it! Oh well, I remember what I did this time for the time after next. ;-)

Well, love you all!

5 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that's funny about the tuna. I'm glad the talk went well, and it sounds like you learned alot while doing it, that's good. I didn't know you did these dinner things with WW, that's cool, how any women will be coming? or just one? I love you.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am glad your talk went well. I think I remember vaguely you mentioning something about the WW thing, but I have forgotten how it works? It is good that you have chosen to make yourself some clothes, as they will fit well and look nice. Just try to get them done before 4:30 am. I love you Mom PS I am glad your house is beautiful again. I'm sure it was never ugly:)

Not quite the Bradys said...

If it's not too late, I say go with your bread. It is divine!

Emily said...

Your dinners sound so yummy and are making my mouth water!!!

I'm glad your talk went well, it's always so scary! But trust me, I've heard you speak many times, and every time is excellent!

Lizzie said...

The tuna sounds good. Shad eats it practically raw and loves it. And yes, I'm sure Dad will insist on it being cooked that same way now, for the rest of your lives. = )

Hope the dinner went well tonight. Love you!