Sunday, January 20, 2008

Megans b-day, Jakes Family's visit, Lindy and Bryce visit

Well, I realized I hadn't posted Megan's b-day pics. It was a nice day. We traveled to Eugene, I made Megan and Greg Salmon, mashed potatoes with a lot of butter! (which Meg helped me with) and Salad. It was yummy. Greg made the dessert, and Amy and Mike, and Grandma and Grandpa came over. Jake and Lyndsey already had company coming from Portland. We had fun visiting and I heard the dessert was very bad! Megan was trying to pretend for me. She as she was shoveling it into her mouth with a big smile on her face!

Everyone started showing up!
Beautiful Amy and Grandma!
Steve and Mike waste no time discussing something important!
Beautiful Megan and Greg
Megan getting ready for the cake
Cake time!Present time! Amy made her a cool tablecloth out of some fabric that Megan had been admiring!
We got her some Piano music for two of her latest favorite movies
Now it was visit time
Such a great pic of my dad!
A very intense conversation about trucks began

Mike decided to get in on the truck conversation
Isn't Megan pretty!
Last but not least I was there also! Amy was really close when she took the pic.
The last few days have been interesting. I have had this pumped up attitude about Weight watchers, then the day came to go to Polly's meeting, I thought cool I'll be able to be a member, celebrate like a member and just blend in with everyone else. WRONG!!! First I walk in and the second person I see is one of my members that is out of town a lot and has to trade between my meeting and Polly's. She asks me what I'm doing there and I say "I just felt like I needed a meeting." She says , "its nice to know you're human". Then a few more minutes go by and then another lady that used to go to my meeting on occasion when she couldn't go to Polly's at work meeting shows up. She comes and stands by me in line. The vision of being a member feeling is rapidly flying out the window. Then who did I lay my coat by accidentally, the member from my meeting that I saw when I first walked in. Needless to say, being just a member is now completely gone. Then to add more pain to the situation, I had gained since Thursday, which of course isn't accurate because that is not my normal weigh-in time. Needless to say I am not weighing on Saturdays again. I came home not a very happy camper. I sat and pouted for a few hours and then decided that wasn't making me feel any better so I got up and got ready for Lindy (Arnold) and her husband Bryce to come. After all the pouting, I decided I will just slide into Polly's meeting just after it starts and sit in the back with my paper and pencil and take notes on the things I need to work on and ideas I get from others. I really did enjoy the meeting, and came away with some things I want to do. So the meeting wasn't a waste, I just need to think of it differently. I will celebrate my successes with Polly and Lynne on Thursday before my meeting.

Lindy and Bryce came last night, it has been fun, we had Tuna, (the new way), baked potatoes, my bread and Salad. Steve talked me into making Choc Chip Cookies. Ugggghhhhh! I think I will have almost no points left after today. Lindy and Bryce wanted to make breakfast for us, it was delicious, and very sweet of them, but again added points to my list. It was a pecan recipe out of a bag. It was very healthy.

We then went to church came home early after Sacrament meeting, because Jake and Lyndsey's family came over. So here are some cute little pics of the kids. Ruby was too busy for pics as you will see.
Miles is alot like Jake was as a baby, he smiles so big and is very happy when you look at him and talk to him. This doesn't do him justice, even though he is pretty dang cute here!

Well, I love you all!!

7 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love all of the pics!!! What a wonderful family we have. I love you for taking after your dad and recording so much of the fun times. What a great blessing. I think your idea of going into Polly's meeting and sitting in the back after it starts is a good one. Maybe you could forget the make-up and put on dark glasses...HE!HE! I am tired of this sneezing and coughing and runny nose. I think I am getting to like the Twilight books now, if I look on them as a total fantasy they are well written and very imaginative and fun. I didn't know ther would be more??? Is that true? I am more that halfway through the 2nd one. Well gotta go I love you. What is Tuna the new way? Mom

Emily said...

I'm glad yo posted pics of Meg's birthday, because she didn't! Glad she had a good one!

That Miles is ADORABLE!

Danielle said...

Yay! I love all the pics! Miles and Ruby are SO CUTE! I loved the pics of megans birthday too, and the narration:) I love you and miss you!!!

Cara_Cude said...

Hey how are you? My husband and I are great. I am so happy i got back in touch with Danielle. I am so excited to get my life started. My husband and i are looking for our own place at the moment. We live with my mom because we just moved from Oregon to Arkansas. My husband is going to school for computers and as you know i will be going for a dental hygienist. We are so excited. Both of our dreams are the same. Make awesome money for that family we long for and make sure that they have a wonderful environment. Both of our dads left us and our moms always hurt for money so we didn't get to do a lot of the things we dreamed of,but i will do anything to make sure that that wont happen with our children. How is Oregon? Arkansas is cold and we don't like it, but my entire family is here and there is a awesome four year university. It's huge!! We figured that if wanted the best we needed to sacrifice a little. Well i am so glad you commented and we got in touch. I hope all is well with you and your family.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OH MY GOSH! I love the pics! Miles is so much bigger!!!! He is so so so cute! The first picture of Ruby looks just like Lyndsey I think. She is so cute too. THe pics of hte birthday are cool too. Sounds like the visits were nice. I lvoe you.

Rebecca said...

Love the blog. Cute pictures. I love the captions with them. Miles is getting so big, and is so cute. Love you.

Megan and Greg said...

Confession: I (Megan) made the dessert!!! We told you Greg did, because you were freaking out about me NOT making it. So if everyone said it was bad, I'm taking the credit- not Greg. And it was good, it was just undercooked. I don't know what everyone's problem was. I finished the rest off. Grandma took some home! What a little liar! Oh well, I don't care. I can't believe how cute Miles is. I haven't seen him since he was an newborn.