Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sewed a new skirt!



Well, I finally made my skirt! I probably wouldn't have but I told my WW meeting last week (our topic was taking care of yourself) that I am still working on taking care of myself. That I wanted them to make me accountable for making a new skirt. I set a goal 5 weeks ago and told myself that I would make myself a skirt if I reached it. I reached the goal and 3 weeks later, still had not made the skirt . So last night at 10:00 I decided I would finally finish the skirt. At 4:30 AM I finished it. It is lined and the pattern wasn't lined so I had to figure that out on my own looking at one of my purchased lined skirts. I have found skirts hang so much better if they are lined. I have decided to never have my meeting be involved in my weight maintenance concerns any more. I have always known that my weight challenges are to be left outside when I walk through the door, but I miss a meeting where I can be a member. I forgot until this week why I need to remain a leader. I think it is good for them to see that I am human, and I will always show them the positive outcomes of my humanness. It did make them feel better to know I am human and did make the skirt, but made it in the middle of the night. Crazy I know!

Well, I am tired. We finally got the decorations in the attic, but the house is still not clean and the furniture needs to be moved back. I think I will work on that tonight.

We just got done watching the "Roots" miniseries. It was fabulous. Steve and I would recommend it to everyone. There are some whipping scenes and realities of being a slave, so depending if you can handle it, it is good to see the slave thing from a slaves perspective.

Oh the other day I made omlets for Steve and I, the veggies looked so pretty I had to take a pic. They weren't from my greenhouse, but hopefully next week I will get out there.

Late this afternoon the weather calmed down for a short period of time. I kept falling asleep on the couch and then waking up to see a glimpse of the setting sun. A sight for sore eyes, we have had more than our share of rain, wind, hail, thunder, and lightening. I am ready for some calm days. We probably have more rain ahead, but it was nice to see the sun.

love you to all!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

That skirt is SO CUTE! It makes me happy because I am actually working on that exact same skirt! I hope it fits though. My size is a little bigger than the biggest size on the pattern...hmmmm. We'll see. I love you!

Lizzie said...

Your skirt looks amazing. I love vertical lines. It is so cute. I love you.

Rebecca said...

Okay, so you look so hot in that skirt! You need to sew way more. Stop making it an issue. Just plan a day to go shopping and then a day to sew. Just do it. You could look so hot all of the time! I can't believe that whole pan of veggies was just for you and Dad. I'm impressed. Love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

The food is pretty. I love your skirt! I really like the black trim going down the front and back. That's nice that you lined it. I can't believe you did it until 4 in the morning- I would cut it up and throw it in the dumpster by the time 4 in the morning came around. I don't think rationally in the middle of the night! well, it is beautiful and you look beautiful in it. I'm glad you got your decor. put away, that's nice. That's neat that you guys watched the roots series, I have never seen them, I have wondered about them. I don't know how I would do with the whipping, I really hate whipping, and abuse if the person is innocent, I knwo it's wierd, but if the person is guilty like in 24, the torture doesn't affect me 1 tiny bit. But if the person is innocent, it's a whole other story. Well, I'll be seeing you today, I love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Sharon the skirt is beautiful, and you look lovely in it. The fit is perfect and the lines really flatter you. I love you and I truly enjoyed seeing you tonight. I am glad that you called me. The talk is great, and I know you will do well. Just keep up the work with things, and keep reading the scriptures and you'll get everything caught up. You have been doing a lot for everyone else and so you are behind because of that and don't forget that you have a big calling that takes a lot of time. We forgot to set a day to go to the Temple tonight. It is closed from the 19th until the first Tuesday in Feb. so we may not get there this month? Let me know. I worked on the Utility tonight, and it is much better. I am really trying to get some order and balance back into my life right now and so the talk helps me think better about it. Sometimes I think I try to hard to be perfect and I just don't go as fast as I used to and I get less done. The time just seems to fly by, and the day is gone and I didn't accomplish what I wanted to. Oh well as you say we need to be less critical of ourselves and drop our burdens with the Lord. Love Mom

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

your skirt is just wonderful!! you're just so motivating. I think you always have been. :)