Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sewing, Dinner, American Idol, and WW's

Well, yesterday was a roller coaster. I talked to all three of my siblings yesterday. I think that was a first! By the afternoon I was having a great time. I was in my sewing room cleaning it and laid out some fabric for another skirt!!! It was great to do something fun, just for the sake of having fun! I was listening to music, and then talking to my sister. I was going to clean house in preparation for today, but I just felt I needed to take care of me, so off to the sewing room I went.

I had a contest for my Weight Watcher members that lasted about two months. They had to do several things and every week they would turn in a little paper with their score. Everyone that participated got a prize, then I had 3 Places. All 3 places got to choose certain WW products with 3rd being the least expensive and on up . First place got a prize and dinner at my house, with a choice of fish, starch, salad, and bread. The lady that won first place is really nice and she brought her husband and the bread. She made it and for my children it was delicious and less than a point. I got the recipe, I think I will try it. It's whole grain. They were so sweet and we thoroughly enjoyed them. Today was the big day for the dinner so today I cleaned after a leisurely morning. I slept in, (much needed) and then kept a pretty brisk pace to get the house clean and ready for a tour. Thankfully it wasn't really dirty, just needed some touch-up. But it still took several hours, because I had to vacuum the whole house, mop all the floors, and clean my bathroom. Make a few beds and hide a few things. :-) I knew Steve would want me to give them a tour, so that meant everything that was obvious needed some touchup. Wouldn't it be great if we kept our houses clean all the time so we wouldn't have to do things like that!!!! I can dream!!! They were so generous and complimentary. They have a huge house with granite counters and etc. But they are also very down to earth people, she loves fishing and is always pretty casual. Steve and I were both very glad we did it.

Well, today was American Idol!!! Yea!!! This first part is always hard because we don't really like the people that want to be freaky, and foul. We finally started muting it and Steve kept leaving the room saying he wasn't going to watch it until they got done with this part. But he couldn't keep himself from coming back out. The last girl came out and within 3 seconds, (I'm not exaggerating) I said to Steve (he was in his office) I bet this girl is a Mormon. And sure enough she is. She didn't say she was, but she said she doesn't watch R rated movies or drink or etc. So we have two people to root for, one of the girls is from Oregon, the other a Mormon. At least through the Hollywood Round. It was fun to talk Amy in every commercial. I think for me that is half the fun. We entertain Steve and Mike. I think Mike gets a bigger charge out of it than Steve, but Amy is a bit more dramatic than me.

Well, the final news. I got word from my boss today that I need to start losing consistently to goal every week, turn in my weight every week, attend a meeting every week, and then maintain. If I start to gain, I will be pulled from being a leader for a month! Talk about motivation. I told her I had never actually done maintenance. which she didn't know. So I am glad to finally have some accountability and be a member (in the sense that I will be attending a meeting at another location as a member and not a leader) for awhile so I can reach goal as a member. After all that is what WW's teaches, that you will lose 3 times faster if you attend your meetings. Being a leader is not attending a meeting. That is serving others for an hour and a half if I have new members, a little over an hour if there are no new members. The first half hour they are weighing in and I am walking around talking to them. I feel very hopeful and it is interesting the reaction I had, I was grateful. I also realized that I will have to do everything I know how to do. I will have to plan, focus and follow program. No cheating. To lose every week means focus. I needed this. I have been playing around with 10 pounds for 3 years. And even though that in itself is an accomplishment for me, it is time to get on with it and reach goal. I will be a better leader and I will feel better about myself. I will be able to let go of a big huge weight on my shoulders that I have been carrying around for 3 years. I don't regret the last 3 years though, I learned a lot. Time if you are trying teaches you a lot. I have learned a lot. Well, I have rambled on enough. Love you all!!!!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Sounds awesome! I wish I had tv. For american Idol. I could always stay in IF and watch with clay's family but i already have only a few hours after work until I have to shower and go to bed! We'll just have to hear about it I guess. So sad. Sounds like everything was going well for you yesterday! I think it will make you happy to attend a meeting. I love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Sounds really great! I think you will be happy when you get to attend meetings, and do the maintenance. It will work out and I know that you can do it. We can accomplish anything if we stick to it long enough. I am glad you enjoy the TV, Dad and I turned ours down some. We are saving 15. there and dad isn't glued to Fox News now. We have decided that he is a lot happier without it. We also are going to work on some other things. Did you think about the Temple? I love you and I'm happy your WW day went well. Love mom

Emily said...

It's so hard for me to stay away from the bad auditions too, so I have watched every lat embarrassing one! I like the 2 girls that you liked as well...they were both really good.

I know what you mean about cleaning the house just to give a tour to someone...it would be great if I could keep mine that clean all the time! Good luck with your WW goals...you look so incredibly fantastic, I know you can do anything that you want to!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Well, that's cool that you'll get to go to a meeting for yourself. American Idol...ahhhhhhhh, joy. I love american idol so much, and i wish you and dad lived here so we could all watch it together- that would be so fun!!!! I'm so glad you are sewing. I love you!

Rebecca said...

You seem very happy. That contest was really cool. I want to do a contest. I really want the recipe too. You need to post it. It cracks me up that Dad always insists on a tour. I never give tours unless it is requested. Tours would be a disaster in my life. Love you.