Thursday, January 31, 2008

Life is good!

Well, life has been hard lately. I prayed today that I would be blessed with the gift of a happy heart. So for my scripture study I got out the conference issue and read a talk by Elder Uctdorf about rejoicing because we have the gospel. By the time I got done, I had a happy heart. Heavenly Father is so wonderful and kind. I am so grateful for the Savior and the Atonement.

Because of being sick and not being able to exercise and other things, I had a hard time food wise this week. I didn't really binge, just things were hard. I have to lose every week until goal and then maintain, or I will be put on a one month probation. So I was really nervous this week. I got there and I lost 1.6 lbs. I was so happy and relieved I started crying. I knew I was nervous, and it really came out at the scale. Thankfully I weigh before the meeting with just my receptionists. They are wonderful and so supportive. Needless to say I went into the bathroom, got down on my knees and thanked Heavenly Father. The meeting was great.

We are having lots of wind and rain, but because it is the coast we get short glimpses of the sun which I am very grateful for, we are having one this minute, I am letting my face feel it!

I finished two cute outfits for Aliese's doll for her b-day, will post them after her b-day.

Tomorrow I have a Pres meeting, Sat and Sun are our Stake conference. So busy weekend. I hope but probably won't be able to, sew on my skirt. It is looking cute!

Well, love you all!!!

4 comments:

Not quite the Bradys said...

That was such a good talk. We had that for the RS presidency's message last Sunday. Life IS good. Sometimes we need the reminder. Glad the sun peeks at you before going down. Lucky!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am sorry that you have had a hard week. That is a really great talk. I hope you got back from Toleto okay. Take care driving tomorrow. Love mom PS glad you LOST!!!!

Megan and Greg said...

I love you. I'm glad you had a happy heart. That is important. Heavenly Father does bless us, doesn't he? Well, I love you both. Have a great day.

Megan and Greg said...

Oh- and YEA for losing!!!!! That's great. Such a hard thing to keep in control sometimes. Everybody struggles with it- congratulations!