Friday, July 27, 2007

Finally Posting again






I have the Leslie visit below this post. I posted the pics on that post in the small size, let me know what you think. Should I change them to the medium size or what?

One fun thing that has happened recently is I picked my first big tomato, we have been having several cherry tomatos, I think all I have is the orange ones. They are very tasty so that is okay.


Steve went tuna fishing today. He went all by himself. Now to people that have never been tuna fishing or don't know anything about it, you have to go quite far out in the ocean, and you have to troll(drive the boat at a slower speed) at 7 mph, which doesn't sound fast, but for the ocean that is pretty fast trolling. Then when you catch a fish you have to stop reel it in, hope the boat doesn't start drifting, do all this stuff to the fish after you get it in, then get the boat back on course and start all over again. If you have someone to help it is a lot easier. He got 9 tuna, each around 20-30 pounds give or take a few either way. Last time he got 10 with help. Soooo you know what that means, two things, he is a mighty fisherman!!! and I have a lot of work to do!! He is also going out tomorrow. I have company on Sunday and am trying to get ready to go to New York, plus get ready for a YW program on Sunday!!!! Whew! I think I am crazy. Steve is just so excited I can't say stop!! But after tomorrow I am going to have to say stop!!! I am canning the tuna this time. I am sitting in my garage tending the canner with my laptop on my lap. I can't leave the canner alone. I have fifty-seven 1/2 pint jars in the canner and I have more fish in the fridge to can. If you look at the time on this post, you can rightly assume I will finish the rest tomorrow. You got to love laptops!!! I think that is all that is new.

Oh Danielle, this time as I was filling the jars I watched Gilmore Girls, thanks for the suggestion!!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Fish, Fish, lots of fish! Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. That tomato looks perfect. I'm glad you decided to watch gilmore instead of the discovery channel. I'm sorry, but most of the time, that's just boring! Gilmore Girls is much more entertaining. The show has discontinued and I'm still addicted to it! Amazing how that is. Well, good luck with the tuna! You will be set for life.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Man those are huge! Dad's a good fisherman! Man- those are huge!! Cool pictures!

Lizzie said...

Way to go Dad!!! I want to go out fishing with you next time I come. I've never been on your old boat or new boat. Sounds yummy all that fish. The tomato looks sooo good!

Also, I've never been to one of your tea parties-ever. Next time I come and there are little kids there I want to have one.

Megan and Greg said...

question for dad: is it like the water is boiling when you find the fish?

Megan and Greg said...

By the way mom, that is a perfect tomato. It could be in a magazine.