Monday, July 30, 2007

Finished Canning


















Well, with the help of a friend today, the canning is done, 18 tuna made 290 half pints, and 23 pints. If we had done them all in 1/2 pints it would have been 336. We figured out that one tuna makes about 18 half pints. We are trying to decide if he will go out again. We obviously have plenty of tuna, enough to share. But he loves catching them. It is a lot of work canning them, you will all have to know that with each bottle you open comes a lot of love!! I was going to dress up, but this is how I looked!! I wish I would have had dad take a pic of me in front of the canner with my laptop! although you would have thought I was lounging more than I really did! love you all!!!

6 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

HOLY COW!!
What an amazing women and wife you are.

Danielle said...

OH my goodness. That last picture with all the cans really shows the craziness of it all. You are so nice mom. Who helped? I am so glad you are finally done! Now you can prepare for your trip (which I'm sure you've been doing as well as canning). WELL- good job to both of you. I say stop the tuna fishing! At least for this year:-)

Emily said...

That is the coolest picture ever!! I LOVE IT! It shows all your hard work! You are so awesome!!

Lizzie said...

Holy smokes, that is a heck of a lot of Tuna. How are you going to eat all that. I am really impressed that you canned all of that.

Steve/Dad/Grandpa said...

Besides all the tuna you see in jars on the kitchen table, we also have 10 tuna inside the freezer that we did not can and will be eaten as tuna steaks that Sharon grills. It is very delicious.

Megan and Greg said...

I cannot believe that picture. Oh my goodness, it is overwhelming! Oh man, you need to get into the business.