Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter I finished it, but will not say a thing about it until I hear you have all read it!!


It took me 15 hrs. I finished at 5:00am. I won't spoil anything until I hear from the rest of you that your are done!! But I will share my leading up to experience. I woke up on the 21st with a headache because I was so panicked about whether my book would come in on time. I got up exercised, ate, read my scriptures, showered, picked up a little, stared out the window, then very discouraged went to our branch 24th celebration. I was there for about 10 -15 min, when in walked someone with their book. She said that UPS had contracted out to the post office and that I had better get down there and hope someone was there and pound on the door. (the post office is closed you know on Sat.) I ran to Steve and said "give me the keys", he looked at me and I told him I was going to the post office. I was panicked, but also reminded myself that all morning as I was reading my scriptures (and actually focusing) I kept feeling that all was going to be okay, I just needed to do first things first and keep focusing on my scriptures. I decided to check the mailbox first just in case. I was driving very carefully because I didn't have my drivers license. I pulled into the neighboring street instead of approaching the mailbox on the wrong side of the street like I normally do, got out of the car and my heart was racing, I opened it and there it was!!!!! My Harry Potter Book!!!! I am not kidding when I say I almost started crying, my eyes welled up with tears, over and over again as I drove home to put it on the table. I was so grateful, there was no way that I wasn't going back to the celebration. I ate my hamburger, and waited while Steve ate his and when he decided to get a hot dog, I said I needed to go home I had visited, eaten and done my part as far as I was concerned. I came home opened my package, caressed my book, started to well up with tears again, turned off all the phones, gathered my water, kicked off my shoes and started one of the great adventures in life; reading a brand new Harry Potter book!

So Emily if you are a dork, I am a double dork!

I can't wait till you have all read it so we can all talk about it. I will only say, I loved it.

Till later!

4 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I can't believe I haven't been apart of this reading adventure, I'm an English Major, All my sisters and mother have been apart of it, it's one of those things i wish I would have participated from teh beginning- oh well- WELL- I thought your blog was funny- and I"m so glad you got your book- I would be the same way. I think it's funny you cried- hahahha- I'm so curious about the ending just because of the hype! And I don't even know what's going on- after the movies! I love you!

Emily said...

Just reading your story made my eyes get all teary!!! I love it! I am so happy that you got it on time and got to read all day, that is so great! It's killing me that I'm not done yet...soon, very soon.! Love you!

rose said...

you are so cute sharon! i love that you were soooooo worried you wouldn't get it. and pat on the back for reading it so fast. i have never read one, but my nephews make me go to every movie. i guess that doesn't really count though. and yes you are a double dork! (i have to say that so i don't get in trouble from emily!)

Megan and Greg said...

Oh mom, I love you so much. I didn't cry, but I know how you feel. I caressed my book as well, you can ask Darin Leslie.