Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Leslie's come for a visit!!!

The blessing and curse of digital cameras, is that you can literally take hundreds of pics. I can take them rapidly to make it better and worse. So I have a gillion pics to go through before I can post them. Seriously over 100 from the Leslie trip. There were so many pics I chose the small veiw, you can click on them to see them bigger, but would you rather they be the medium size to start with?? Let me know.

Anyway we had a great time, they arrived just before dinner on the 12th of July. We had some of the best chinook salmon I have ever tasted-Steve had gone fishing that day. But before that Steve took the girls out to meet the goats.





The next day the girls and I went out and made the biggest sand castle I have ever made, we used a real shovel as well as little ones. As you can see from the pics, Anna got tired of the process and Gracie was having fun running around. But in the end voila, a cool castle.



Later that day everyone started to show up. Amy and Mike came first, Megan came about dinner time, and Jake and Lyndsey late in the evening.

We all went to the Harry Potter movie Friday evening, it was fun to go together, I hadn't done that since they all lived at home. Everyone but me as usual loved the movie. I just can't handle the changes and the missing parts. I kept waiting for Sirius's mom to start screaming. I know I need to get a grip on it, but oh well.

Saturday was a big day. We had the tea party, which included baking little flower shaped cakes, tiny sugar cookies, lemonade, cucumber sandwiches, PBJ sandwiches, and it seems like there was something else, but I can't remember. Since there were so many of us we used the real china. We all dressed up and had fake names. I wish I could remember them all, Ruby's was the only truly made up name, which she promptly forgot. Every time we talked to her Lyndsey had to remind her of her name. It was great fun. Megan-Kate from Tennessee had a great accent and kept us laughing. Amy with a name I can't remember was a queen from Ethiopia, her community had about 10 people. I always have an English accent so most follow suit. We had a great time.


Ruby expertly putting on Lyndsey's lipstick. Gracie started a little early and only preferred the hot chocolate.

Aren't we lovely!!! Aliese wanted a Pride and Prejudice dress, I thought we did pretty good with my wedding dress and safety pins!

After the tea party Amy took the girls out with Megan to teach them how to play Crochet. I love how Ruby and Gracie are right in there, also take note that Gracie's mallet color changes, It was great fun to watch. I was cleaning up tea party stuff, but had to run out and take some pics. Crochet turned out to be a hit, many more games were played, I won when I played with the girls, Steve lost, hmm... what does that say about Grandpa and Grandma?


Do you think this is the stance Amy was teaching them to use? Sorry Amy couldn't resist!




If you look closely at Anna you can tell that maybe the little people are in the way!

The next day was Sunday, after church the younger men went out to build a city, Jake according to Darin was the city planner, after Lyndsey called Jacob to help her, Darin said Mike and him could only think of very boring things to build. The mighty builders, with their assistants of course, in action.






The hole is a Coliseum then the mighty city! And finally below, we have the master builders: Jacob, Dairn and Mike.


Sunday evening all the valley people but Meg went home. Megan stayed and hung out with us the next day.

Monday we went to Strawberry hill. It was fun, we even saw a sea urchin and we think some crabs mating.

There were endless hours of fun on the beach. Darin even went out boogie boarding, crazy or brave? Watched movies, went to the outlet mall, and just basically enjoyed one another. I was sad but exhausted when they all left on Friday. Like Lizzie always says, "it would be so fun if we all lived around one another." Well, I love you all!!! mom










One of these days one of my children besides Lizzie will grab my camera and take a picture of me with someone w/o me asking (hint, hint) so I will exist after I am gone!! :-)

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Thank you so much mom! I loved it all. The narrating as well as the pictures. They are all SO CUTE! I love you!!!

Emily said...

Umm...you guys probably have SO much fun together. I mean, I LOVE being around all of you, and add the grandkids and I bet it is just so fun! I loved your pictures, the ones with Steve showing the kids the goats are so cute!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Those were really cute. Thanks for sharing- I would prefer the regular size, but i dont care that much! It's just because I'm too lazy to click on them and make them bigger,haha- They were all so cute!

Danielle said...

Oh yeah- I forgot. I do like the bigger size better...but if this way is easier it's fine.

Lizzie said...

I wish I were there with you guys.. It almost makes me cry. It looks so fun. I love it here and have accepted that we are staying here forever, but when I know so many of you get together, it makes me wish I lived there. Still send the pics though...it's worth being a little sad. = ) I love seeing all of you.

Also, what does the crochet game say about Grandpa and Grandma? Hmmm....I wonder. = )

I agree with Danielle...I like bigger pics better, but if this is easier, do it like that. I blew most of them up anway. Love you!

Megan and Greg said...

the pictures were great

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I finally got your joke- I didn't know what "stance" meant, I looked it up- and now I get it! That is funny! I would have done the same thing! hahaah. and I just have to say even though i've already commented- the picture of anna is so funny with the girls where she looks like she is so annoyed and bothered by the girls playing with them- hahahahah