Sunday, August 5, 2007

New York, New York, We're Here!!!!

We left Yachats on Friday to stay in Portland the night before we left. We got to Portland at about 11:22 pm, had to get up at 3:50 am, a rather good use of $100.00 don't you think!! We had to be at the airport at 5:00 am. The shuttle service was only available at 4:15.

The plane ride was fine, we watched Work and the Glory II. They are very good if you haven't watched them.

And finally......

We are here!!!! This is our cab driver! He is from India, been here ten years and didn't know where the Brooklyn Bridge was! How scary is that! But he got us to our apartment rather quickly.







This is our view!! pretty amazing!
















Our dining room










Our living room













The kitchen


You have now seen the whole main living area! It has an average bedroom and a small bathroom. She has great taste though and it has a great feel. They must be nice people.

We were so tired from getting up so early that we ate a corner store deli sandwich in Central Park (across the street). Went to the grocery store across the street, came back ate some fruit, doves, and then crashed. It was 8:30pm, 5:30 coastal time!!! Woke up at 8:00 am. I think we were tired!

3 comments:

Emily said...

SO FUN!!! It's so cool that you guys take these trips and stay at other people's houses...I love it! That view is amazing...I hope you have such a great time and I want to see TONS of pictures!

Danielle said...

YAY! What a great view! I am sooo excited to hear more!!! I know that you will take hundreds of pictures (literally), so I'm not worried about seeing how the trip was! LOVE YOU!!! Be safe!

Lizzie said...

I'm so jealous! It already looks and sounds fun! Isn't it so cool that you can just walk or take a subway everywhere? That you were hungry so you just walked around the corner? So, it doesn't look like the kids and I will be coming late sept, because Shad just got asked to go to nyc that week, so if it all works out, Kate and I will go with. I'll have to work out a different time to come up with the kids. Have so much fun!!!! Also, I want a pic with dad's sandals and cargo shorts.