Thursday, August 16, 2007

Day 13 Metro museum of Art, Jersey Boys

Today was a slow morning, I didn't get out of the house until 1:00 pm, Steve laid around the apt. all day. I thought I was going to catch the bus to the museum, but I thought I would walk part way through Central Park, before I knew it it was raining and I had no clue where I was. I think everyone in the park was from out of town. Finally I arrived at the museum.

Steve wasn't with me today, we tried earlier on a different day, but it didn't work out.

I was tired before I started. Oh well, I ate a nummy portabello san at the cafe in the museum. I looked at Egyption stuff, the paintings below were some of my favorite, I loved every Monet, Renior, before I even knew it was one of theirs. I also discovered there were others that reached out to me. There was one American painter in the 1800's that I was too tired to write down his name. But it was one of the most beautiful paintings I had ever seen. I got these pics off the internet, I thought we couldn't take pics, because every museum I have ever been in you can't. But people were snapping away. I am glad I didn't have my camera, the purist in me would have felt guilty, knowing that it isn't good for the paintings. Anyway-



The Curious Little Girl by Jean Baptist-Camille Carot I liked all of his.




I don't know why but as soon as I stepped into this part of the gallery, these shoes by Van Gogh reached out and grabbed me.



I loved the moving wheat in this Van Gogh

I love the way Renoir paints little girls

Monet, need I say more!

Another new artist to me that I fell in love with, Eugene Boudin

Finally I was too tired to walk or think, so I worked my way through the museum, caught a bus, then the subway and was back to the apt.



Steve and I ate Digorno, then went to Jersey boys


It was great fun. One of most fun musicals I have ever been to. It was interesting and entertaining. The guys that played Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons were amazing. They could sing and dance. Their story was one of those amazing it ever happened kind. It took them 10 years to ever hit the charts.

Warning,though if you are thinking of going, it has the "f" word a lot in the beginning and less later.

Well, tomorrow will be our last day. We are thinking of going out to breakfast (we haven't done that yet) then going to Wall Street, I am more excited about that than Steve is. It is weird to me that he really has no desire to go down there. But I convinced him it is something we should do!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow mom- you are a hottie in that black shirt and white skirt! I like that outfit on you. That's funny dad doesn't want to go to wall street- I'm sure he'll be glad you guys went after you've gone. I love you and am glad you got to do this- it sounds sooo fun!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I think dad's legs got darker. I loved the paintings. your trip sounds so amazing.

Emily said...

Oh that museum must have been AMAZING! And it sounds like all the food you ate was so yummy! I love the pictures of you guys, you are so cute! It looks like you're having a blast!

Lizzie said...

I didn't know Jersey Boys was about Frankie Valle and the 4 seasons. I LOVE them. I have their greatest hits cd and listen to it all of the time. I can't believe you cruised central park alone. I'm sure I would get lost in there. I think it's funny how ALL of your posts have thoroughly described food in them. I'll have to add my obsession of food right along with the word crap of things to blame on you!!! = ) I'm glad you passed that down to all of us. There is so much to enjoy in delicious and beautiful food. Thanks for posting daily...I loved it!!!!

Megan and Greg said...

I didn't have time to read anything but all the pictures look so cool. Dad got real pants! Wow! I'll have to read it all later! I've got to go to bed. Just wanted to say I LOVE YOU BOTH and I'm glad you get to do all these fun things!