Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day 8 Heavenly Food


After spending a day in, I decided it was time to get out. I had been eating doritos all afternoon, (I did fabulous on my eating until Thurs night) and Dove's, so I decided it was time to get out. I took my ankle off the chair got dressed and said to Steve I want to go to Balthazar's. It was a restaurant that Rebecca and Lizzie recommended. We had to go on 3 trains to get there (on purpose) but I wanted to go there really badly. So off we went. When we got outside it was such nice weather. We got to the restaurant without any problems and normally you would need reservations, but we got right into the cafe side. ( we sat at the table to the right where the guy with the white shirt is sitting.) It was a fun restaurant with lots of noise and a very old bldg. I looked at the menu and decided to have 3 appetizers instead of an entree. Steve had steak. I shared my salad (one of my appetizers) with Steve, it was very good. Then we got our main meals. It was the first time in a long time that I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. I got a "warm goat cheese with caramelized onions tart" that was truly divine, I savored every single bite. The other one I got was an avocado/shrimp salad, it was truly delightful also! Steve loved his steak.

Since things were going so well, we decided to walk to Greenwich Village (about a mile or so) to eat some authentic Argentine ice cream. It was a beautiful evening, and we found the store all by ourselves!!! We both enjoyed our ice cream. Steve loved his. We then walked to the Subway and made it home w/0 any mistakes. It was a wonderful evening. Steve was very glad we went out!

Danielle, we aren't leaving early, we are still going home on Saturday.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Sounds great! I forgot to say last time- when I was looking over your pictures again, I remembered- Mom you look SO beautiful in ALL of these pictures! Really- So pretty. Dad looks really tan in a lot of them. It's probably from the fishing I'd bet!