Tuesday, August 14, 2007

From Dad

I want you all to know that I do read your blogs and enjoy them. This blogging thing has taken a little getting used to for me. After reading Amy's posts about the foul mouthed professor I wrote a long blog about what I thought about that. I went to post it and zoom away it went to a blog never never land. It just disappeared. I was not happy because I had spent quite a bit of time composing such a beautiful, articulate, and magnificent response. So I dug in, collected my thoughts, put my growing older by the day memory to the test, and rewrote it. Then when I posted it the same thing happened again. We have figured out that it had to do with the way I was signing in was not compatible with the way your mother had the sign in procedure set up. Anyway, I have enjoyed seeing all the cute pictures of the kids, the stories about school, camping, trips, work, and all of it. I am proud of you all. (good grief I'm starting to sound like your grampa Ed. That's scary.) We are having a great time in NYC but I have been secretly checking the internet hoping to read that the tides and wind have been crappy back at home while we are gone. Now that I have had 3 successful tuna trips I think I am a tunaholic. Since coming to New York the pains of withdrawal have more painful than I ever would have imagined. I guess maybe I should never have gone down that dark path, should never have caught my first one. Maybe I can find a TA meeting here in New York to help get me through these last 5 days before we return to Oregon and I can get a fishing pole in my hands again.
Dad

4 comments:

Danielle said...

hahaha Dad- you are so funny. You should post more! TA-Tunaholics Anonymous? Good luck finding one in New York. It is a pretty crazy city though, they just might have one! I hope you survive your last few days in New York. I love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my gosh Dad, you are so hilarious. Maybe you could get on the Tuna-patch to hold you over. I love you, and hope to hear more from you.

Lizzie said...

That's a real bummer about trying to post twice and having them disappear. As you can tell, we all enjoy it when you post. You're really funny. Did you ever find a TA meeting?? I bet you are missing the metropolis of Yachats. I remember one time you told me that compared to Yachats, Eugene felt like Los Angeles. I can't imagine how you're feeling over there in Manhattan. Love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Dad, you're so funny. I'm sorry about your first 2 blog experiences. I know how that feels. We love your blogs too. I'm glad you went to the dark side (because it isn't really dark.) But really, you CAN'T catch any more tuna! What would you do with it? I love you Dad. I'm glad you're having fun. Wish I was there with you guys. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!