Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More Painting, Strawberry Hill, and a Bonfire

Tuesday we watched more 7th Heaven, the girls were painting, guys videoing it. After dinner everyone but Amy and Steve went to Strawberry Hill, it was differant at dusk.




Greg said that if you put your tongue in a sea anenaome, it would wrap around it and your tongue would go numb for a while. So Greg, Clay, and I tried it. We just let it touch our tongues, it was weird. First it was a mild pain, then it just felt like you had just drank some really hot chocolate and now your tongue was burnt. It was a fun experience I guess? I know I would have regretted it if I hadn't done it. Mike was off on his own, or I am sure he would have tried it also.





I loved these pics of Clay and Greg, I took more than these it was hard to choose.





It wasn't long and Danielle and Megan decided this wasn't for them. So they went back and sat on a bench.

The boys and I continued to venture. I like the whole climbing on rocks and looking at things. My big dilemma, was that I want the pics, but I don't like the inhibiting factor of the big camera around my neck. So I slung it around my neck and shoulder and put it more on my back and went off exploring. Clay found a hermit crab.





We eventually found Mike and he showed us his finds. The tiny green one is from the earths core. We had a future geologist with us you know, so that was neat. Clay explained things about how the earth does it's thing, and we taught him about the ocean stuff. It was fun.





We came back and built a fire and ate smores. It was a great night for it, almost no wind, and just the right size fire. I had one of the best smores I have had in years, you know those kind where everything is melty, mmmm. Clay has never liked them much, but liked them for the first time. Danielle told him it was because he was in Oregon. :-)







We came in and we put in Mission Impossible 3, Meg and Greg went to bed because they had to leave early the next morn, I started getting sleepy so I didn't make it to the end. So another great day.

Here's a pic of Amy and Danielle boxing with the wii, it was pretty funny to watch. Mike was a riot to watch and listen to as he coached and cheered his wife on.

4 comments:

Emily said...

That just looks like too much fun!
I LOVE the picture of you and Megan! And I love the pictures of the guys on the rocks, with the sunset and you just see their silhouette...gorgeous!

I am similar to you in that I could climb rocks and explore all day long. That looks like a really fun place!

Danielle said...

Awesome pics! Man those ones of Clay and Greg are awesome. You are a great photographer!

Lizzie said...

The pictures are amazing of Clay and Greg. I have been checking your blog everyday, so it was so fun to read tonight! I wish I could've been there, but at the same time, I realize I wouldn't have been on the beach roasting s'mores, I would've been upstairs with my two children. = ) I love you!!!

Megan and Greg said...

I'm so glad you posted all the pictures! I LOVE THEM!!! I need to download them so I can order prints! It was so much fun!