Friday, August 17, 2007

Day 14 Last day in New York! Wall Street

Well today is our last day. We are tired, and missing home. Two weeks is a long time. We thoroughly enjoyed it. We did everything we wanted to do. I think the only thing I would have liked to have done, but am too tired to do, is actually go into the castle at Central Park. I saw it yesterday on my rainy lost day through the park. Tomorrow we will be leaving at 4:30 am for home.

Today was a lazy get up day, then we got on the subway for the last time. (I think) We managed to get on wrong one once, we haven't done that for almost a week. I guess we got too smug, needed some humbling. We crawled out of the dark onto Wall Street. It is something else, the streets are all narrow, and the bldgs. are tall!

We saw the New York Stock Exchange, you must have to have a pass to get in there, it is blocked off and has security guards by it. We actually happened upon it by chance. I was glad, for some reason I wanted to see where it was. Steve was more excited when we came upon it than he was before we left. He has been pretty nonchalant about the whole financial district thing. I felt like I needed to see it strange huh?




I wanted really badly to see the bull
representing the stock market when it is
doing good. It is the bull in the movie Hitch.



Last and definitely not least, we saw ground zero. Sobering to say the least. It was hard to imagine the whole scene. Steve and I saw the second plane hit live, we happened to be awake when it happened.



It has been an amazing, fun, tasty, educational and exhausting week. Who knows how many miles we have walked, and how many stairs we have climbed. I think I have eaten more food than I have in five years. I hope I haven't gained too much. But I have definitely enjoyed every bite I ate.

We feel so blessed to have done this. Heavenly Father has been better to us than we deserve. It was fun to share it with all of you, and now I can have it made into a book, how cool is that!! Thank you Lizzie and Rebecca for helping us plan our trip.

Love you all!!! Mom/Sharon

PS. I am hoping Steve adds a little experience he had. If not I will be adding an a addendum to the post.

No comments: